Thursday, April 29, 2010

Creative path

Do you ever feel like you have so much to say, but when it comes down to it, you can't get any of it out.  Same way with writing?  My life is . . . complicated now.  My original plans are shot, but I do know I am heading in the right direction.

I don't want to find agents/editors . . . right now.

I don't want to seek traditional publishing . . . right now.

I don't want to live my life by writing "don'ts" . . . not now, not for a long damn time.  By don'ts, I mean every single piece of advice you heard from "don't use passive voice" to "don't write a series".  These I don't want to hear any more.  Stick the fingers in the ears and shout"nah nah nah, not listening", because I am not on don'ts anymore.  I'm on dos.

So, what am I going to do?  I am going to live by wants.

I want to write for myself. 

I want to share what I write with those who have the same tastes as I do.

I want creative control--i.e., I want to self-publish.

I want to see my works available for the nook.  I want to read them on the nook (well, on a functional nook, but that is another long, tiring story). 

I want to see them eventually printed out cheaply and sitting on my book shelf prettily.

So, I have an insane goal.  All the sound novel ideas I came up with prior to this year?  I am going to write/finish them all.  I don't care how long it takes.  After I get those out of my system, then I'll see if I want to try the traditional route again.  How's that for decomplicating?

0 comments:

Post a Comment